AjaxAMP v3.3 is a plugin for the excellent Winamp Media Player.It turns Winamp into a web-accessible, sharing, streaming, searching, remote-controlled musical marvel, allowing you to access Winamp over the network using a web browser and control it or stream music to or from it. Using AjaxAMP you can:
- Listen to your music from anywhere using a web browser
- Control Winamp from anywhere using a web browser
- Cause your music to play on a remote computer
- Browse and listen to your friends' music libraries
- Use one computer to stream music from a 2nd computer to a 3rd computer.
- Search your entire music collection at the click of a button
AjaxAMP has its own Media Library which allows you to browse, search, and sort through your music and to drag-and-drop folders or music files onto the playlist.
New in version 3.3 - Jul 11, 2010:
- Fixed Media Library indexing under Win7/Vista with UAC
- Fixed UNC path support broken in 3.2
New in version 3.2 - Jan 4, 2010:
- Fixed window resizing on Firefox 3
- International character support
- Fixed indexer bug which caused incomplete search results
New in version 3.1:
- Media Library support for m3u and pls playlist files
- Media Library support for the following audio and video file formats: mp1, mp2, ape, aac, avi, mpg, mp4, wmv, mov
- Forward and back buttons added to Media Library
- "Enqueue Next" button added to Media Library
- Favorites menu remembers remote Media Libraries upon successful connection.
- Bookmarking functionality. Instantly add any Media Library location to the favorites menu. You can even bookmark search results.
- Automatic Peer Discovery on the LAN. AjaxAMP will automatically detect other Media Libraries on the local network and add them to the Favorites menu.
- RFC 2617-compliant HTTP Digest Authentication for much-enhanced security.
- Live traffic monitor added to plugin control panel.
- Live indexing progress indicator added to plugin control panel.
- Last Index statistics (# of files indexed and total elapsed time) added to plugin control panel.
- Quitting Winamp during indexing is now possible. You are prompted for a reindex the next time Winamp is started.
- Password field is no longer displayed in the clear.
- Enhanced Proxy compatibility.
- Window position and size is remembered permanently by the browser.
- Fixed "Loading" indicator timing.
New in version 3.0.2:
- BUGFIX: Drive letter roots and mapped drive roots should actually work correctly now. Make sure you update your library settings by going into AjaxAMP Preferences and hitting OK.
New in version 3.0.1:
- BUGFIX: Fixed broken streaming when destination machine's media library is empty
- Streaming! Connect the AjaxAMP Media Library to another IP address and stream away!
- Search the AjaxAMP Media Library blazingly fast.
- Sort the AjaxAMP Media Library by Name, Size, Modified Date
- Lots of small bug fixes, works properly with network shares, drive letter roots
- Changes to the user interface mechanism for faster response time
- HTTP 1.1 Persistent Connections implemented. Page loads faster.
- Clear Playlist button on the playlist window
- AjaxAMP Preferences now available directly from Winamp's "Options menu"
- Naive streaming for listening on computers not running AjaxAMP
New in version 2.0:
- Added Media Library! Browse/Enqueue/Play shared files remotely
- Drag n'drop from Media Library to Playlist
- Intelligent cache for much increased performance w/large playlists
- Fixed Firefox 1.5 render bug
- Added controls to hide playlist/media library
- Many small bug fixes